Organic Rose Otto (Diluted in Jojoba)
- Plant Family: Rosaceae.
- Country of Origin: Bulgaria.
- Method of Extraction: The oil is steam distilled from the fresh petals, then diluted at 3% in Jojoba.
- Main Therapeutic Properties: Calmative, Neurotonic, Uterine Tonic, Aphrodisiac, Tonic for the Heart, Liver, Stomach, Uterus.
- Contraindications: Non-toxic and non-irritant in prescribed doses. Keep away from children. Consult with a personal health provider if you are pregnant.
- Did you know: Rose was called 'the queen of the flowers' by the Greek poet Sappho. It was also probably the first flower from which an essential oil was ever distilled, in 10thC Persia.
- Oil Apperance: Dark Yellow to Amber.
- Chakra: Heart.
- Chinese Element: Fire
Rose Otto has a deep, rich-sweet and soft floral aroma. Rose has been highly prized for centuries for its therapeutic properties. There are over 250 different species of Rose and over 10,000 hybrid varieties; many of which are extensively used in toiletries for both men and women. Rose is a wonderful oil to use in facial skin care, especially for Dry/Mature skin.