Vitiveria zizanoides - (Haiti)
- Botanical Family: Poaceae (Gramineae) Grass family
- Extraction: Distilled from the roots of the plant
- Therapeutic Properties: Antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-spasmodic and calming.
- Fragrance Profile: Deep amber - base notes
- Oil Appearance: Resinous amber.
- Contraindications: Non-toxic and non-irritant in prescribed doses. Keep away from children.
- Chakra: Resonates with base and sacral chakra
- Chinese element: Wood
Vetiver is a heavy, viscous oil with a rich undertone of "precious wood notes" and is very useful to calm and balance the mind and body. It is also good for dry skin conditions and aching joints and muscles.