Fennel Sweet (Eastern Europe)
Foeniculum vulgare var. dulce
- Family: Apiaceae (Umbelliferae)
- Extraction: The essential oil is steam distilled from the seeds of the plant
- Main Therapeutic Properties: Antibacterial, Antispasmodic, digestive stimulant, stomachic.
- Oil Appearance: Pale yellow
- Chakra: Sacral
- Chinese Element: Earth
- Contraindication: Do not use when pregnant or breastfeeding. Do not use on children under the age of 2. Do not use on sensitive or damaged skin. Avoid using on people with endometriosis or oestrogen dependent cancer. Do not use at more than 1% dilution on the skin or mucous membrane.
Sweet Fennel is excellent for improving digestive disorders or to improve the appearance of cellulite. It is also great for aches and pain especially lower backache.