Thyme Sweet (Linalool Type) Spain
- Plant Family: Lamiaceae (Labiatae)
- Method of Extraction: The oil is distilled from the leaves of the plant
- Therapeutic Properties: Antibacterial, Anticatarrhal, Anti-infectious, Digestive stimulant, Antirheumatic, Stimulant.
- Fragrance Profile: Deep spicy amber base note
- Appearance: Clear light yellow
- Contraindications: Non-toxic and non-irritant when used in prescribed dilutions. Keep away from children. Do not use during pregnancy.
- Chakra: Resonates with the base Chakra
- Element: Water & Metal
Sweet Thyme has a clean, herbaceous, green aroma and is very useful during bouts of illness. It is a great oil for lethargy, digestive problems and respiratory conditions.
The most common chemotypes are "Thymol" and "Carvacrol", which contain high levels of toxic Phenols (up to 60% Thymol and Carvacrol). Absolute Aromas offers "Sweet Thyme", which is sweeter, less toxic and less irritant than the Thymol and Carvacrol types, with a maximum 3% concentration of these components.