Citrus riticulata - (Scicely)
- Plant Family: Rutaceae.
- Method of Extraction: The oil is expressed from the peel of the fruit.
- Main Therapeutic Properties: Antiseptic, Antispasmodic, Digestive stimulant, Sedative, Stomachic.
- Fragrance profile: Sweet citrus, top note
- Appearance: Amber to orange
- Contraindications: Non-toxic and non-irritant in prescribed doses. Keep away from children. Consult with a healthcare provider if pregnant.
- Chakra: Sacral.
- Chinese Element: Wood.
Mandarin is considered one of the gentler oils out there, making it popular for use by pregnant women and on children (in low dilutions). It has a sweet, gentle, tangy aroma and similar actions to Sweet Orange and Bergamot. It is a great oil for irritability and tension with the ability to uplift and calm.