Citrus limonum - Sicily
- Plant Family: Rutaceae
- Method of Extraction: The oil is expressed from the peel of lemon.
- Main Therapeutic Properties: Antiseptic, Antibacterial, Antifungal, Antirheumatic, Antispasmodic, Calmative, Digestive stimulant, Immune tonic.
- Fragrance Profile: It has a light, fresh, sweet aroma.
- Contraindications: Avoid exposure to direct sunlight and sunbed rays for 12 hours after application (Phototoxic). Keep away from children. Consult with a healthcare provider, if pregnant.
- Oil Appearance: Pale green to yellow.
- Chakra: Throat & Brow.
- Chinese Element: Earth (& Fire).
This tangy oil has a clearing effect which makes it particularly useful when recovering from general winter illness. It is very effective used in an oil burner or electric diffuser as it is antibacterial but also a good oil to refresh, uplift and clarify.
Absolute Aromas has consistent high quality in its range of citrus oils and Lemon is no exception. This is an excellent quality lemon selected from Sicily, generally regarded as the top source for many citrus oils.