Organic Atlas Cedarwood (Morocco)
- Plant Family: Abietaceae (Pinaceae)
- Method of Extraction: Distilled from the sawdust or chopped waste wood.
- Main Theraputic Properties: Antirheumatic, Calmative, Antiparasitic, Anticatarrhal, Lymphatic decongestant, Antiseptic, Astringent.
- Contraindications: Non toxic and non irritant in prescribed doses.
- Did you know: The name Cedrus originates from the Arabic word Kedron which means 'Power.'
- Oil Appearance: Yellow-orange.
- Chakra: Base (Root).
- Chinese Element: Water
One of the more masculine of essential oils, Cedarwood is popularly used in toiletries for men. It is great for relaxing the nerves and tonifying the kidney, hence beneficial for fluid retention and lower backache.
Cedarwood's anti-septic, deodorising and insect-repellent properties make it a very useful oil for diffusing.