Boswellia carteri (Somalia)
- Plant Family: Burseraceae.
- Method of Extraction: The oil is steam distilled from the gum resin.
- Properties: Antibacterial, Analgesic, Antispasmodic, Calmative, Immune tonic.
- Contraindications: Non-toxic and non-irritant in prescribed doses. Keep away from children. Do not use during pregnancy
- Did you know: Egyptian women used to paint their eyelids with the charred gum, it produced a black powder called Kohl, much like eyeliner that we use today.
- Chakra: Base & Crown.
- Chinese Element: Earth (& Metal).
A wonderfully rejuvenating oil excellent for skin care. Emotionally, very good for muddled heads and conducive to meditation. Also beneficial to respiratory problems.