Myrhh - Wild Crafted (Somalia)
- Plant Family: Burseraceae
- Method of Extraction: The oil is distilled from the resin of the Myrrh tree.
- Therapeutic Properties: Antibacterial, Anticatarrhal, Anti-inflammatory, Antispasmodic, Astringent, Calmative.
- Fragrance Profile: Deep spicy amber base note
- Appearance: Pale to dark amber viscous liquid
- Contraindications: Non-toxic and non-irritant when used in prescribed dilutions. Keep away from children. Do not use during pregnancy.
- Chakra: Resonates with the chakra
- Element: Earth & Metal
There are around 80 species of Commiphora, the resin is collected from these thorny shrubs which are up to 3 meters in height.
Myrrh has acquired a reputation as a healer over the centuries and as such can be beneficial when used in inhalations to help ease winter ills.